Dr. Andy Lyons
Program CoordinatorInformatics and GIS (IGIS) Statewide Program
130 Mulford Hall #3114
Berkeley, CA 94720
Ph.D. Environmental Science Policy and Management, UC Berkeley. 2012
M.S. Wildlife Ecology and Conservation, University of Florida. 2000
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Natural Resc and Commodities - General
- Wildlife - General
- Program and Project Design, and Statistics
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Natural Resources, General
- Conservation of Biological Diversity
- Sociological and Technological Change Affecting Individuals, Families, and Communities
- Community Development
- Community Resource Planning and Development
- Computer Programming
- Geographic Information Systems
- Social Learning in Agriculture and Food Systems
- Community Food Security
- Urban Agriculture/Local and Regional Food Systems
- Sustainable Natural Ecosystems
- Safe and Secure Food Supplies
- Science Literacy in Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Spiegal, Sheri; Estell, Richard E. (2019). Seasonal Divergence of Landscape Use by Heritage and Conventional Cattle on Desert Rangeland. Rangeland Ecology & Management. 72:4, 590-601. 4/6/2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rama.2019.02.008
- Frankie, G.W.; Pawelek, J.C. (2019). Survey of Native and Honey Bees from Agricultural Brentwood and their Constructed Bee Gardens in Northern California, 2010-2018. Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society. 91:4, 310-331. 9/3/2019. https://doi.org/10.2317/0022-8567-91.4.310
- Csillik, Ovidiu; Cherbini, John (2018). Identification of Citrus Trees from Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Imagery Using Convolutional Neural Networks. Drones. 2:39, 16.
- Getz, Wayne M; Salter, Richard (2015). "Panmictic and Clonal Evolution on a Single Patchy Resource Produces Polymorphic Foraging Guilds." PloS one 10(8): e0133732.
- Lyons, Andrew J.; Turner, Wendy C. (2013). "Home range plus: a space-time characterization of movement over real landscapes." Movement Ecology 1(1): 1-14.
- Lyons, Andrew (2013). "The Rise and Fall of a Second-Generation CBNRM Project in Zambia: Insights from a Project Perspective." Environmental Management 51(2): 365-378.
- Getz, Wayne M.; Fortmann-Roe, Scott (2007). "LoCoH: Nonparameteric Kernel Methods for Constructing Home Ranges and Utilization Distributions." PloS one 2(2): e207.
- Ilir Bejleri; Paul Zwick (2002). "Integrated Approach for Identifying Potential Environmental Issues of Proposed Transportation Corridors." Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 1792: 93-100.
- Lyons, Andy; Hogan, Sean (2017). Scaling Up Drone Science for Agriculture and Nature Resources through Cooperative Extension. CalGIS. Oakland, CalGIS. 1. May 23, 2017. https://calgis2017.locationcon.org/session/scaling-drone-science-agriculture-and-nature-resources-through-cooperative-extension
- Lyons, Andy (2016). Drones for Ag. CA 4-H Newsletter. 8. October 2016.
- Lyons, Andrew (2009). Monitoring Toolkit for Conservation Agriculture. Johannesburg, FAO Regional Interagency Coordination Support Office (RIACSO). http://www.andylyons.org/files/toolkits/ca_toolkit_2009-03-11.pdf
- Lyons, Andrew J.; Mbewe, B. (2005). Beyond Wallmaps: The Application of Spatial Technologies for Strengthening Land Management in Rural Zambia. Africa GIS Conference, Pretoria, South Africa, The Geo-Information Society of South Africa.