IGIS is pleased to announce DroneCamp 2017. This 3-day intensive workshop will be held July 25-27, 2017 at UCANR in Davis, CA. The comprehensive curriculum will cover everything you need to know to use drones for research and land management, including:
- Drone science - principles of photogrammetry and remote sensing
- Safety and regulations - learn to fly safely and legally, including tips on getting your FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Mission planning - flight planning tools and principles for specific mission objectives
- Flight operations - hands-on practice with both manual and programmed flights
- Data processing - processing drone data into orthomosaics and 3D digital surface models; assessing quality control
- Data analysis - techniques for analyzing drone data in GIS and remote sensing software
- Visualization - create 3D models of your data
- Latest trends and technology - hear about new and upcoming developments in drone technology from leading industry representatives
For the current working agenda of the event, Please Click Here.
For additional information please see the flier.
Who Should Attend?
DroneCamp is designed for participants with little to no experience in drone technology, and who are interested in using drones for a variety of real world mapping applications. This training has an emphasis on agriculture and natural resources, but the methods for flight operations, data processing, and analysis are applicable to a broad range of disciplines, including archeology, surveying, and facilities management. Note that tools and techniques for drone video will not be covered.
Experience with drones or GIS is not required.
Application and Registration
This year's DroneCamp has reached capacity and we therefore are not accepting any more applications for the event. However, we encourage you to periodically check our upcoming IGIS Training & Support page for smaller scale workshops that may be taking place soon in an area near you. Additionally, custom training requests can be submitted to IGIS via our Service Center request form.
Dronecamp has been made possible with the support of:
Interested in being a DroneCamp sponsor? Please drop us a note!