IGIS is pleased to announce Dronecamp 2017. This 3-day intensive workshop will be held July 25-27, 2017 at UCANR in Davis, CA. The comprehensive curriculum will cover everything you need to know to use drones for research and land management, including:
- drone science - principles of photogrammetry and remote sensing
- safety and regulations - learn to fly safely and legally, including tips on getting your FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- mission planning - flight planning tools and principles for specific mission objectives
- flight operations - hands-on practice with both manual and programmed flights
- data processing - processing drone data into orthomosaics and 3D digital surface models; assessing quality control
- data analysis - techniques for analyzing drone data in GIS and remote sensing software
- visualization - create 3D models of your data
- latest trends and technology - hear about new and upcoming developments in drone technology from leading industry representatives
For additional information please see the flier.
Who Should Attend?
Dronecamp is designed for participants with little to no experience in drone technology, and who are interested in using drones for a variety of real world mapping applications. This training has an emphasis on agriculture and natural resources, but the methods for flight operations, data processing, and analysis are applicable to a broad range of disciplines, including archeology, surveying, and facilities management. Note that tools and techniques for drone video will not be covered.
Fees, Application, and Registration
Dronecamp registration costs $500 for UC affiliates (UC employees and enrolled students), and $900 for non-UC participants.
The number of participants will be limited to 30. All participants must apply for Dronecamp by filling in an application form. Experience with drones or GIS is not required.
The initial application period will be March 1 - April 15, 2017. Accepted participants will be notified by April 18th with additional instructions for registration and payment. Registration fees must be paid in full by July 14, 2017. Anyone interested in attending Dronecamp is strongly encouraged to apply during the initial application period March 1 - April 15, as we anticipate more applications than we can accommodate.
If there are any spots available after April 15th, additional applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. People who apply after April 15th will be notified within 10 days. Once enrollment is full, the application will be closed.
Dronecamp has been made possible with the support of:
Interested in being a Dronecamp sponsor? Please drop us a note!