Thank you to everyone who participated in DroneCamp 2017!
IGIS is pleased with the success of the DroneCamp 2017. This 3-day intensive workshop was held on July 25-27, 2017 at UCANR in Davis, CA. The comprehensive curriculum covered everything you need to know to use drones for research and land management, including:
- Drone science - principles of photogrammetry and remote sensing
- Safety and regulations - learn to fly safely and legally, including tips on getting your FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Mission planning - flight planning tools and principles for specific mission objectives
- Flight operations - hands-on practice with both manual and programmed flights
- Data processing - processing drone data into orthomosaics and 3D digital surface models; assessing quality control
- Data analysis - techniques for analyzing drone data in GIS and remote sensing software
- Visualization - create 3D models of your data
- Latest trends and technology - hear about new and upcoming developments in drone technology from leading industry representatives
For the current working agenda of the event, Please Click Here.
For additional information please see the flier.
DroneCamp was designed for participants with little to no experience in drone technology, and who were/are interested in using drones for a variety of real world mapping applications. This training had an emphasis on agriculture and natural resources, but the methods for flight operations, data processing, and analysis were applicable to a broad range of disciplines, including archeology, surveying, and facilities management. Note that tools and techniques for drone video was not covered.
Experience with drones or GIS was not required.
Application and Registration
This year's DroneCamp has passed. However, we encourage you to periodically check our upcoming IGIS Training & Support page for smaller scale workshops that may be taking place soon in an area near you. Additionally, custom training requests can be submitted to IGIS via our Service Center request form.
Dronecamp has been made possible with the support of:
Interested in being a DroneCamp sponsor? Please drop us a note!